Skip to main content

Glacier breaking off...

https://goo.gl/images/4g5Vxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walthamstow - seen in passing....

How about this for a "mobile library"? Households volunteer to host a "book house" which is stocked with books. People passing can borrow / add / replace a book and so the mini library continues.... What a wonderfully simple public service...!

Beginnings...

A journey begins with one step and (with some trepidation) I start my sabbatical. The hope? To rest, have time out to reflect on calling,  ministry and what it might look like in the future - personally and within the context of Ruthin.... So, a prayer: Loving God , in my journeying and my resting, in my listening and or reflecting please guide me and lead me afresh to the light of your truth, Jesus. For I ask in His name... AMEN .

Metropolitan Cathedral, Brasilia

Wednesday was a sharp contrast to the natural beauty of Amazonia - the capital city of Brasilia. This city replaced Rio de Janeiro as Brazil's centre of government in the 1960s (and it shows - sometimes in a good way!) Under the visionary leadership of President Juscelino Kubitschek ( stayed in a hotel named after him) the city was designed to bring together the diverse talents and skills of the newly independent Brazil. Established in the desert area of central Brazil, the city is a superb example of the work of architect Oscar Niemeyer, urban planner Lucio Costa and landscape architect Burle Marx ( see picture in previous blog). Their futuristic dream of a perfectly modelled 'city state' is evidenced in the many (literally!) ground-breaking buildings - some now sadly showing their age... I was able to join the 80 or so midday worshippers of all ages, gathered to celebrate the Eucharist and, for me, this was also an opportunity ( in contrast to the Amazon) to thank God